Monday, March 31, 2014

Selfie

I liked this photo because I think Emma and I made some unique decisions in capturing this shot. We sat behind a railing which sits on the ramp running along the outside of the YPAC. Emma held the camera on the other side of the railing in order to capture it in the photo along with our faces. We thought including the railing was a strong compositional choice, as it acts as a frame for our faces. The tilted camera was another component that makes this photo more interesting. The direction of my hand mimics the tilt of the camera. Instead of a straight on shot, it looks a little bit more candid and genuine.  I especially liked how it seemed to capture an unposed moment. Our facial expressions evoke a playful feel in the photo which is another factor that draws me to this image.  We also played with eye contact here; Emma is looking directly at the camera, but I am looking away from the camera and at Emma. I think the variation in facial expression and eye contact make the photo more unique as well as visually interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment