Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Energy, Passion, Fresh





Purpose:

  • To strengthen your creative problem-solving skills so that you are looking at things in a different way;
  • To find letters of the alphabet in everyday objects to create a word;
  • To become familiar with basic photoshop tools.



As a result of doing this project, I learned many things beneficial to my development in photography. Finding the letters necessary to create the words "energy" "passion" and "fresh," forced me to look at objects in a new and creative way. The accuracy of each letter depended on how I composed the image to portray that letter. Something that may not resemble a certain letter at first glance, could be arranged in the lens in a creative way to do so. I had to shoot photos from interesting angles and crop some parts of the photo to accurately depict each word. Alongside looking at everyday objects in new and creative ways, I had to develop my problem solving skills while creating this project. At times we struggled to find certain letters and needed to produce them in creative ways. This skill pertains not only to photography, but other areas of learning as well. Developing greater problem solving skills is something I really enjoyed about this project and art classes in general. I was also able to bring back some of my knowledge of photoshop. By making each photo black and white, we had to think about the way this might affect the color and depth of the photo. Desaturating a photo can sometimes cause it to look flat; adjusting the contrast can help bring about more vibrant whites and blacks and many shades of gray in between. I needed to adjust the brightness and darkness and the contrast in order to make each image more visually appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment